If there is one thing I hate trying, then its new riding breeches. I once went to Divoza and tried almost every single breech in the store and none of them fitted me unless they costed way to many dollars. Generally when I find one that I like I end up buying every colour, just so I don’t need to buy any for a long time.
There is a few things that I need when it comes to breeches. They need to have stretch, so they don’t feel too tight when I ride. They need to have a high waist as unfortunately I do not have the smallest one. + I want them to be as cheap as possible. With that list in mind, quite a lot of breeches already fall off already.
A while ago a stable friend tipped me about the riding breeches from Horze. I must admit I was a bit hesitant as I generally like to try on the breeches before I buy them, but since Horze had such a great black Friday deal on, I took the plunge. Today I received them and they are so nice! The silicon seems really nice and the fit is great. So I wanted to bring the tip on to you. If you are looking for the same type of breeches as me I can really recommend the ones below (they are currently on sale for 49.95 euro!):
They have them in several different colours.
You can buy them HERE.
The other day my instructor (Mijn ruiter wereld) tipped me about THIS article on how to make horse riding more affordable.
Some really good tips in there, but here are my own:
- Private lessons – Taking a lot of private lessons can really become an expensive experience. However, they become cheaper if you do it with a friend or two. Ok, it won’t be you alone with an instructor anymore, but being two people is definitely better then being 11 as in a group lesson. And it gives you time to breath between the punches as well 😉
- Prevention – I truly believe in prevention rather then having to pay for after care. Take good care of your tack and rugs by cleaning them regularly. Buying a new saddle is a hell lot more expensive than buying a pot of leather conditioner.
- Sales – I love sales. I hardly buy anything for full price anymore as there is a sale around every corner. If it’s not autumn sale it’s Halloween sale or Black Friday sale, there is always some kinda sale on. I always wait till the end of the season and then I buy that Euro-Star saddle pad for 50% off. For example in the Netherlands, Divoza and Epplejeck have 25% off an item at least once a month. 25% becomes quite a lot if you have to buy a new rug or cap.
- Stable equipment – For some dumb reason someone a long time ago decided that horse riding was going to be expensive so the stores could charge 10 euro more for a regular bucket then a normal store could. Never buy stable accessories at a horse store. Go to ikea or your normal home appliance store and you can buy it there for so much cheaper. Like buckets, brushes, cleaning cloths, towels, soap, baby wipes, hooks, plastic containers and so forth.
- Save or splurge – just like they tell you, you shouldn’t splurge on bodylotion as the expensive ones are the same as the cheap ones, certain things in the horse riding world is the same. Don’t splurge on halters, brushes, lunge ropes and fleece rugs as they will get dirty and nasty not matter how much money you spend on them(excluding leather halters).
- Horse carrier – of course I would love to drive Mr. Grumpy around in one of those fancy horsecars(what’s the word for them?), but let’s face it. If you don’t have to take your horse somewhere more then a couple times a year, borrowing a horse carrier is a lot cheaper than owning one.
Hopefully these will make your horse life a bit more affordable to. If you got more tips, let me know.
What a chill Saturday. I’ve not done much more then go to the super marked, cleaned my breeches and watched loads of television. Right now im watching the horse whisperer, so cute.
While watching I was searching around the web for some cheap saddle pads and came across all of these for less then 30 euro.Links can be found below.
- BR Event – 23 euro
- Showmaster Eco Star – 19.90 euro
- Showmaster St.Moritz – 27.95 euro
- Showmaster Samira– 27.95 euro
- Felix Buhler Amira – 27.90 euro
- Hooks Europe – 29 euro
- Global Italy – 29.95
- Showmaster Rondo – 23.95 euro
- BR 4ever Havana – 23.96 euro