Now that’s a mouthful. What a name.
Anyhow, the name doesn’t really matter, but how it works does. Schockemohle has invented a new bridle line specifically designed to fit the horses head better. It’s supposed to free up the jawline and not pressure the head and nose as certain English bridles would. You’ve probably seen the horseware Micklem floating around on the web and every brand trying to copy them. This is similar to that idea.
I was interested in buying the Micklem, but found it an extremely ugly bridle. I’m not a fan of a lot of stitching. Then I almost went for a Ps of Sweden one as those are beautiful, but you can only order them custom made from Sweden and at that price I didn’t dare to. However this one seem rather interesting. I must admit it went back on the list now that the vet bills will come in, but maybe next month. You’ve got the Alpha and the Beta version. Alpha is an overall bridle for all sports, while Beta is more focused on dressage with a thicker noseband. Both are approved by FEI for competitions.
ALPHA – 249 euro
BETA – 299 euro
- anatomic special bridle with perfect fitting
- wider noseband for classical “dressage look”
- curved caveson bypasses the main facial nerve
- softly padded headpiece with anatomical shape
- wide and curved browband avoids pinching in the are of eyes and ears
- new positioning of flash strap supports unrestricted breathing
- quick and indidvidual customisation with fixed button rivets